With school carpool season ramping up, it's important to remember some safety tips.
School carpool season is upon us and 60 Minute Tune would like to remind drivers to make sure their vehicles are kid-safe and road ready with a five-point checklist:
- Check lights and wipers for visibility. Shorter days ahead mean less visibility. Get your lights checked for safety.
- Get an annual brake inspection. The braking system is perhaps your vehicles most important safety feature. Before carpool season gets in full swing, make sure that your brakes are functioning properly. Schedule a brake system check with 60 Minute Tune today.
- Check tires for under inflation or excessive wear. Check tire pressure and refill underinflated tires, including the spare, always look for uneven wear.
- Make sure everyone is buckled up. Visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website has important tips on seat belt fit and position.
- Consider a back-up detection device. Consider having a back-up detection device installed that provides rearview video or warning sounds when moving in reverse.
Back to school time can be hectic. Don’t skip out on safety to save a few minutes.