It’s important to remember that routine auto care means big savings by improving fuel economy, extending vehicle life and reducing the chance of costly car trouble.
We suggest a quick vehicle check to help avoid the unplanned expense of a breakdown when traveling by car this holiday season.
• Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
• Check all fluids, including engine oil, power steering and brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
• Check the hoses and belts that can become cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or show signs of excessive wear. These are critical to the proper functioning of the electrical system, air conditioning, power steering and the cooling system.
• Check lighting to identify any problems with exterior and interior lighting, as the chance of an accident increases if you can’t see or be seen.
• Check wipers. Wiper blades should be replaced every six months. Make sure the windshield wipers are working properly and keep the reservoir filled with solvent.
Don't forget to restock your emergency kit just in case. We want you to arrive at your destination safely!